We did not accomplish all that we hoped this week, but we did cover the basement with joists and plywood sheets. With that floor in place, it is much easier to envision how the house is going to look when finished. In this picture, you might be able to see the hole in the middle of the floor that will be the steps to the basement. You can also see that the level of the floor of the new construction is matched with the preexisting floor. Next to the stairs will be a hall to the three bedrooms that will be in the new construction. The entry to the house from the garage will be at the right side of the existing building. You can also see the basement window well.
This week we removed another ten trees that were in the way of the septic system and on top of what has become a wall at the east side of the house. I had previously taken out the “easy” trees, but there were more that required professional attention. I was delighted to find an arborist who was willing and able to do the technical work for a very reasonable price. About half of the mess is cleaned up and I hope to finish that task next week.
Nancy left for a two month trip to Africa and Asia Thursday. She worked hard to choose floor coverings, counter tops, bathroom tiles, etc. before she left. Hopefully her design wishes will work out as she envisions!
Yesterday, I decided to take the weekend off and drove north to my home town, Benton, PA, to spend this Labor Day weekend with family. Many hard working people are cooperating to build our new home. I am thankful for each one and pray that God will bless them!