“Good afternoon Greg,
Please see the attached is a copy of your sewage permit and invoice. I forwarded a copy of the permit to your builder and the excavator has a copy of the septic system design. Please let me know if you have any questions.”
Excitement is again building for our “church-building to home” project in Lititz, PA! After five months, we have finally received all the permits, waivers and variances that we need before applying for a building permit. The building permit is the final required step before construction begins. Soon there will be trucks on the property!
We have a number of tasks that we hope to complete before we formally leave Spokane.
- We would like to sell our house before we leave. We actually sold it for 12 hours, but the “buyers” changed their minds. So, it is still on the market.
- I need to complete the World Religions course I am teaching at Whitworth University. I enjoy teaching this material and am delighted to have a class full of motivated students.
- We need to complete final packing and preparation for the 2500 mile road trip in our two cars. I found a used trailer for a great price that we will use to carry the belongings that did not make it into the U-Haul truck and trailer I drove across in April.
- We need to complete the preparation of the property that we rent to Moody Bible Institute students during the school year and partly use as a short-term guest-house rental during June and July. We have hired a student to help us with this work and to manage the guest house while we are gone. The transition from student housing to guest-house requires a lot of work!
- We have ongoing communication with our contacts and colleagues all over the world. For example, I am currently communicating with ministry workers in Malawi who want help in leadership development. The leader has read my book, Leadership Code, and is inquiring about me coming to teach.
- Nancy will spend a week teaching in St. Louis.
- And, we need to say “Good-bye” to our Spokane friends. We have a very full social calendar during the next couple weeks.
Assuming we get all this done, we plan to leave Spokane somewhere around June 29th.