Nancy and I started ministering under the Anda Leadership banner about four years ago. This organization provides us with structural covering under which we train and consult internationally. From the beginning, we determined to remain open and prayerful. We are committed to listen for the Lord’s direction about where we should go and what we should do. Specifically, we committed ourselves to prayerfully respond to every opportunity offered to us. This availability has resulted in a steady stream of invitations, some international and others from US organizations. A couple organizations spent large amounts of money recruiting and interviewing us for full-time positions only to conclude that we were not exactly what they wanted.
Even though our work with Anda Leadership provides flexibility regarding where we are based, we did not feel free to move from our house in Spokane. Spokane is not the most logical place for us to be based, but it doesn’t make sense to move somewhere only to find that shortly afterwards we would need to move again in response to God’ leading. Last winter, even with this ambiguity, we decided that we should relocate to Pennsylvania.
During the past couple of weeks four organizations have contacted me regarding positions they and I feel could be a good match. I am in ongoing conversations with all of them. Two of these opportunities require the person to be based at their organizational headquarters which are not in Washington or Pennsylvania. The other two provide flexibility and would accommodate us living in Pennsylvania.
So, what if God leads us somewhere else before we complete our “chapel-house” project? What if God leads us to relocate shortly after we move into that residence? Nancy and I are aware of these possibilities. Nevertheless, our desire and intention is to continue to trust God and to be flexible and available regardless of where he leads and how he directs.