Last summer my daughter, Allison, talked me into running a half marathon with her. We decided on the Leavenworth Oktoberfest Marathon. The race is this Saturday, October 6.
For fun, do you want to guess my time?
Here are some data points that could be important:
- A half marathon is 13.1 miles long. I have not run that far since I was in my 20’s. Furthermore, I have never run competitively.
- I have been following a training calendar that is designed for beginners. However, I do have some natural abilities as a runner and could perform better than most beginners.
- Two weeks ago I ran 12 miles according to my training schedule; my time was 95 minutes.
- I have been running shorter distances at sub 7 minute, 30 second miles.
- I am grateful that my body, although approaching 55 years old, has held up well during this training. I think I will be ready to run Saturday.
So, post your guess here or on my Facebook page. The winner (the person who guesses closest to my actual time) will receive a congratulatory phone call from me! How is that for an incentive?